Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . This week we’re looking at kick-ass heroines, I think I might have trouble keeping this to ten, sounds too easy…!
1. Hermione Granger in Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
The ultimate Heroine. Relatable, down to earth, humble, loyal, intelligent and extremely powerful, you would definitely want Hermione on your side in a fight!
2. Katniss Everdean in The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Being so talented with a bow and arrow means Katniss is automatically included in this list, the survival instincts make her 100% kick ass.
3. Elizabeth Bennett in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
Kicking ass Regency style! Miss Bennett may not have been able to do any physical damage (although with all that walking you never know!) but she sure as hell knew how to stand up for herself.
4. Bella Swan in Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Returning to another YA series, I had to include her simply for the end fight scene of Breaking Dawn which I loved, it made the rest of the book worthwhile. Love it when a girl has some kick-ass hidden powers!
5. Professor McGonagall Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
Well what can I say, she will forever be Dame Maggie Smith in my mind, the most awesome, respected actress and supreme deputy head-teacher/powerful Witch in the World.
6. Celia in The Night Circusby Erin Morgenstern
Powerful, intelligent and already doomed from the start, Celia’s independence shines through and she doesn’t take fate lying down.
7. Diana Bishop in A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
8. Meridia in Of Bees and Mist by Erick Setiawan
With her Mother-in-Law Meridia had to be kick ass!
9. Granny Weatherwax in Wyrd Sisters: (Discworld Novel 6) (Discworld Novels) by Terry Pratchett
Fiesty and not to be underestimated, the undisputed head witch of Lancre and probably the entire Discworld, Granny is a force of nature, with nature and sometimes even as nature!
10. Thursday Next in The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
Literary heroine and all-round crime fighting wonder woman, Thursday Next not only has a very cool name but a very cool job too.
There’s so many more I could add! Sookie Stackhouse, Molly Weasley, Tiffany Aching… the list goes on and on.