Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . I have just returned from holiday and think therefore I am aptly placed to take part in this one! For me a holiday read is one I can’t put down and keep going back to, if I have hours on a sun lounger to read I don’t want to be reading something that doesn’t keep me fully engrossed, boredom on holiday is never a good thing!
1. (Un)Like A Virgin by Lucy Anne Holmes
I nearly wet myself reading this book, hilarious, heart-warming and will fill you with sunshine.
2. Sunshine by Robin McKinley
Absolutely amazing. Gave me shivers in 30 degree heat. Read in one go.
3. Dark Angel by Sally Beauman
Captivating, dark and powerful. A really gripping family saga, full of mystery. Will have to dig it out have just resold it to myself!
4. The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
Throw yourself into a mystery that won’t let you go!
5. The Greatest Love Story Of All Time by Lucy Robinson
As shown by our earlier review, this book is hilarious. Another feel good read, watch out though you might blub at the end.
6. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostovo
Read this on holiday in Barbados and stayed up half the night until I had to stop, as fear had set in. Fast paced and brilliant.
7. A Short History of Tractors in Ukranian by Marina Lewycka
Hilarious. I couldn’t stop laughing. Then gave it to the boyf and he couldn’t stop laughing. Brilliant book to share, accents are brilliant!
8. Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch
Great and I felt my commute didn’t do it justice. Devote time to this one.
9. Blood Harvest by S. J. Bolton
A fantastic crime author, her books always keep me on my toes and are great for keeping you guessing.
10. Bridget Jones Diary by Helen Fielding
Because of there was one book I’d never tire of on the beach, it’s this one.
Wow I created a whole list without one single menti0n of The Hunger Games, Sherlock Holmes, Marple or Poirot. I must be growing as a person.