Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish as they love lists, I love lists too and have recently joined Good Reads for that very reason. There’s a different top ten every Tuesday and I just couldn’t resist this one!
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Because I did and it’s amazing.
2. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne
This book was written in a day, or two days, and you can see why. It’s a freight train of emotions.
3. Any and all of the Poirot books by Agatha Christie.
Bite sized perfect crime.
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
What can I say, I queued at midnight and I read it in less than a day. Physically couldn’t put it down.
5. The Woman in Black by Susan Hill
Needed to get to the end to see if they were all alright, needless to say they weren’t!
6. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Gripped me and didn’t let go.
7. Any and all of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
8. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
You’d probably need a day off work and reading glasses by the end, but so good I could read it in a day.
9. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
Read on holiday in a day, the tension was unbearable!
10. Torn between The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman and any Christopher Pike from my childhood – Whisper of Death was a family favourite!